Soccer-Mommish Weekend Wrap-Up

Since I have some time on my hands at this show…I guess I can at least optimize my time to get back to blogging. I seriously can’t believe how busy I’ve been in the last 2-3 weeks! Everything is starting to blend, and I can’t believe we’re already past the half-way point of April.

While I’m at this CRAP show, I can at least comment on it for now…The idea for the show is rather interesting. Instead of having a pre-designated schedule for which artist will go first, second, etc., the show is set up that they draw the name of a group out of a hat to determine who’s going on. It’s interesting. It guarantees that some people are sticking around long enough to see other acts while they wait for the group they came to see. It’s also a good idea so that artists don’t get bent out of shape if another artist is billed above them.

Overall, I’ve seen maybe half of the artists here at previous shows. Everyone has new music, and it’s going well. I am, of course, set up behind a table with CRAP merchandise. We’ve had a few people stop by and tell us that our merchandise looks great. We have our “professionally” packaged CDs and DVDs, and have the Crap TV Volume 2 DVD playing on Mike’s computer so people can actually check it out.

Part of me is glad we’re back in “show season” because it makes Mike happy to get out there and do his thing. Another part of me gets frustrated because it means more time that we have to manage.

I’m kind of glad we don’t have children at this point, because I sometimes feel like a soccer-mom with Mike’s schedule alone. Take for instance this weekend’s schedule. We both worked our regular 9-5s yesterday. We left directly from work and drove to California, PA for a wrestling show. Mike wrestled in a couple matches. His brother videotaped the show. I did management things and provided extra lighting via my Rendezvous’ headlights.

By the time the show was over, the wrestlers helped break down the ring and clean up the yard. We finally got back on the road to head home after 1:00 a.m. As I was driving last night, I didn’t get to sleep until well after 2:00 a.m. Being one of those individuals who requires a good 8 hours of sleep to function properly, yet also being unable to sleep after 9:00 a.m., it is needless to say, I didn’t get my full 8 hours last night. (I’ve been taking it easy so as to avoid killing people in my current state of rage at the slightest things.)

In order to get to tonight’s CRAP show, we were required to leave Pittsburgh, drive north to Springdale to pick up Jeff and then drive south to Glassport. We’ll probably be here until the wee hours of the morning, have to drive back to Springdale to take Jeff home, and then be able to go home.

I just want a day to “relax” at home, maybe do some gardening and get my house back in order from the week I was away and everything fell to the wayside in my absence.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s