Hell must be freezing over. It’s Friday, and I’m Friday 5-ing….again. This makes this a pattern for me now. So here you go:
1. “My hands are tied” is an English-language cliche that means “I’d like to do something about this unfortunate situation, but I don’t have the ability or authority.” In what current situation do you feel your hands are tied?
You really had to throw this out there? Let me say there is a HUGE sign (at least in my head) pointing to the poor, poor people who are being raped by the government with the current economic situation. In order to refrain from stepping onto my soap box, I will simply move on to the next question.
2. Railroad ties are the evenly-spaced slats that lie perpendicular to train tracks and whose function is to hold the tracks in place and to distribute the weight of the train. Who are the railroad ties in your life?
The two primary ties would be Mike and my mom. Anything new and exciting, they’re the first to know. My friends are obviously up there too, but Mike and my mom are my pillars. They rock!
3. What are your feelings about Thai food?
I think I may have had Thai once. I generally don’t like foreign food because it wreaks havok on my digestive system. Nothing personally against Thai, but it’s a situation I prefer to stay away from generally.
4. Whose thighs do you admire?
I admire my grandmother’s thighs….as in her southern fried chicken. Delicious!
5. A red tide is a proliferation (in ideal circumstances) of oceanic algae that often seem to discolor seawater and threaten other sealife. If the ocean is your life and the algae the harmful attitudes, thoughts, or moods that crowd out the good stuff, under what conditions in your life is red tide most likely to become a problem?
Refer to answer #1 above. (Seriously where do you get these questions?!?)