It’s officially the New Year. Just like 99% of the world, I’m making some resolutions. Granted, some of my resolutions are the standard New Year resolutions that practically everyone makes in some capacity. But, I wholeheartedly and earnestly want to attain some of them.
So here’s my “to-do” list for 2013:
- Lose Weight: I have actually been working toward this goal already. Sometime in August of last year I started pushing myself toward weight loss. I started counting calories, getting into healthier habits, and joined a gym. Although I have seen some progress, there is still plenty of work that I need to do to get myself down to a healthy weight.
- Spend More Time on Me: This is a rough one for me. Don’t get me wrong, I do take time now and again to do something I like to do. But, I find myself doing things more for others than for me. I want to pick up a hobby or something this year. Something I want to do. And something that I will enjoy doing.
- Blogging: When I started this blog however long ago, it was with the intent to write something daily. If you roll through the history, you’ll see that I have failed miserably with this task. I am hoping that the New Year will give me something that I can enjoy writing about, and provide content. Perhaps I can even combine this resolution with my spending-more-time-on-me resolution and write about whatever hobby it is I decide to do.
- Giving Back: I have been involved with some community activities organized by friends (PodCamp, Chachi Plays, etc.) over the past few years. I like those projects. They give me a sense of doing something good. But, ultimately, those projects last a few months, and the rest of the year, especially around the holidays, leaves me feeling like I could be doing more. So, this year, I resolve to do something awesome and give back to those who need it.
- Hanging With Friends: I tend to fill my days quickly. Between work, pets, home, and whatever obligations I make, I find myself either having to bail on plans with friends or having a hard time penciling in time with them. This year, I want to make it a point to reinstate monthly dinner and/or brunch at home. It’ll combine my joy of cooking and baking with hanging out with friends, and it will make me more likely to tidy up more often. Sounds like a win-win-win if you ask me.
While I know (because we all know) that I will probably fall off the wagon with at least a few of the items on this list, I am hoping that having it all in writing here will at least try to keep me a little more on task. So, here’s to the New Year and the “new” me (hopefully).